Roasted Beet & Caramelized Fennel Salad
December 1, 2016
- 2 Golden beets, roasted and peeled
- 3 Red beets, roasted and peeled
- 4 tsps Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Fennel bulb, shaved and caramelized
- 8 ozs Spring lettuce mix
- 1/4 cup Cider herb vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- Cider Herb Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- For roasted beets and caramelized fennel - Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Rub 2 tsp. olive oil and a pinch of salt & pepper all over the beets. Roast uncovered in a shallow dish for 45 minutes or until beets are tender. Let cool for 10 minutes; peel and chop beets. Refrigerate until ready to use. Place pan on the stove on medium-high heat; add 1 tsp. olive oil. Add shaved fennel to hot pan and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown. Remove from heat and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For cider herb vinaigrette - Add all ingredients to blender except oil; puree. Slowly add oil. Season to taste with any additional salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, add spring mix and toss with vinaigrette. Top with roasted beets and caramelized fennel, then sprinkle with feta cheese.