April 27, 2016
- 3 cups Water, salted
- 1 cup Vina Robles Chardonnay
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 Small red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Filets fresh salmon (approx. 6 oz each)
- 1/2 tsp Salt & pepper
- 1/2 lb Snow peas, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 1/2 tbsps Soy sauce
- 2 ozs Salted sunflower seeds, toasted
- In a medium sized pot, bring the water and ½ cup of the Vina Robles Chardonnay to a boil.
- Add rice and diced peppers. Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer until all the water is absorbed (approximately 20 minutes).
- Pour yourself a glass of Vina Robles Chardonnay!
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper and sear for approximately 2 minutes on each side. Remove fish from pan, put on a plate and cover.
- Add snow peas to skillet, and sauté on high for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the reserved ½ cup of Vina Robles Chardonnay and the soy sauce. Add salmon fillets back to pan, on top of the snow peas, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve salmon and peas with rice on warm plates. Garnish salmon with sunflower seeds, enjoy!
- Use Teriyaki sauce instead of soy sauce.
- Substitute salmon with your favorite fish.