Terra Bella Jam
- 4 cups mixed dried fruit of your choice – raisins, golden raisins, pears, apricots, figs, cherries, cranberries, etc. – roughly chopped
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Terra Bella, Syrah
- 1 cup water
Combine all ingredients in a 5- or 6-quart heavy pot. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
Turn down to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced and syrupy, 30-40 mins.
Carefully transfer to a food processor fitted with a metal blade, and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
Makes 1.5 quarts. Store in glass canning jars in the refrigerator for up to six weeks.
A few suggested uses:
- Serve alongside an assortment of cheeses and/or charcuterie.
- Spread on prepared pizza dough and top with pieces of soft cheese, i.e. brie or bleu. Bake according to pizza dough directions. Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil leaves.
- Before grilling, spread inside a sharp cheddar cheese sandwich.
- Slather over cream cheese on a toasted bagel.